[Mediawiki-l] Converting from other wikis to mediawiki

Sechan, Gabe sechan at amazon.com
Fri Sep 9 23:44:50 UTC 2005

I'm considering moving from another wiki to MediaWiki software.  This move needs to be made without loss of data from the old wiki (meaning we'll need to move over 10,000 documents and their revision history).  Are there any tools for doing something like this, for any other wiki?  It would be nice to have a starting point, rather than having to write entirely from scratch.  I can convert their wikitext into WikiMedia's without a problem, but I'd love any help I can get with writing the data to the database.

Thanks,
Gabe