[Mediawiki-l] Installation issue:'http://localhost/wiki/index.php/Main_Page"

Arthur Guy arthur at astarsolutions.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 06:42:56 UTC 2005

The problem you are having is with Ugly URL's vs. Nice URL's, you need to
convert your setup to Ugly URL's.
The first section in LocalSettings.php relates to this, if you can figure it
(comment out one line and bring in another) out you can try a search for
Ugly URL's in the documentation.

The one thing I found trying to run a wiki with IIS was the time it took
process php pages, as soon as I switched to Apace (on widows) the site got
about 3 times faster.

Arthur Guy

arthur at astarsolutions.co.uk
a star solutions
www.astarsolutions.co.uk

Audio & Video Leads Adapters and Accessories