[Mediawiki-l] Installation issue: 'http://localhost/wiki/index.php/Main_Page"

Graham Glass graham.glass at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 05:22:37 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

Apologies in advanced if this is a retardo question ;-)

I just installed MySQL, PHP and the MediaWiki software.
It's running under IIS on Windows XP Pro.

When I first visited http://localhost/wiki, it sent me to the initial
configuration screen, which seemed to go well. It told me everything
it was doing, and indicated that configuration had gone successfully.
Finally, it pointed me back to http://localhost/wiki/index.php.

When I went there, I got a browser page back from IIS saying that
it couldn't find .../Main_Page. Any idea what's going on? I'm assuming
that the configuration process should have somehow autogenerated
this file, but I can't find any reference to this issue on the web or
specifically in any of the MediaWiki help/installation/configuration
sections.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Graham Glass