[Mediawiki-l] Suggestions on site organization?

Bass, Joshua L joshua.l.bass at lmco.com
Wed Sep 7 16:38:40 UTC 2005

I would like some opinions and maybe suggestions on site organization.
My site is giong to have several main sections:

*Tutorials
*Tech guides
*Company listings
*Part listings and information

I want to know if I should use separate namespaces, or just leave
everything in the main namespace. Currently I have things setup using
pages, and subpages such as:

*Tuturials
	*Tutorials/tutorial1
	*Turorials/turorial2
	*...

*Part Type 1
	*Part Type 1/listing1
	*Part Type 1/listing2
	*...

*Part Type 2
	*Part Type 2/listing1
	*Part Type 2/listing2
	*...

However, I found it beneficial to make the companies as separate
categories in order to generate related images and a clean index page:

[[Category:Companies]]
	*[[Category:Company 1]]
	*[[Category:Company 2]]
	*[[Category:...]]

Should I use separate namespaces such as:

Company:
Tutorial:
Parts:
Etc... ?

What advantages/disadvantages would this have? Comments/feedback would
be appreciated.

Wiki is at: http:www.350z-tech.com/wiki