[Mediawiki-l] Remote MySQL databases

Rowe, Dolores A dolores.a.rowe at boeing.com
Tue Sep 6 14:45:14 UTC 2005

Hi there,

Thanx for the help last week.
So now I can successfully configure a new wiki by connecting to a remote
machine,
using a remote database that pre-exists, and creating a new table in
that database.

Now I want to configure a new wiki by creating an entirely new remote
database,
and when I do that I am getting this error, "Couldn't create database
wikidb2; try
with root access or check your username/pass".

"Something's not quite right yet; make sure everything below is filled
out correctly".
And in the spot where DB root password gets entered "<-Enter", even
though I am
typing the correct remote database password.

Any ideas ?
thanx,
Lori