[Mediawiki-l] The file you uploaded seems to be empty.

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 00:53:44 UTC 2005

When trying to upload, I get:
--
The file you uploaded seems to be empty. This might be due to a typo
in the file name. Please check whether you really want to upload this
file.
--

Having been through this several times before, I have notes on the
common things to check for.  Unfortunately, after having gone through

First, is there any other documentation on the subject, other than
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Uploading_files ?

* php.ini has file uploading enabled.
* php.ini has a 2M upload size, which is larger than the file size.
* I tried editing php.ini to specify a temp folder, which I made sure
was world-writable.
* images/ is writable.
* I'm not running php safe_mode
* my browser has permission to upload the file.
* I'm not running Apache2, and don't have funky settings.
* I've tried taking down various firewalls, to no avail.

The thing that's changed is.. the underlying distribution.  So I
suspect there's an issue there, but I don't have the knowhow to know
where to poke around.

Ideas?

Running mw 1.5rc4