[Mediawiki-l] Help setting rights restrictions on userpages?

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Fri Sep 2 19:41:21 UTC 2005

For privacy purposes I would like to hide Special:Ipblocklist from those
who do not have 'block' permissions.  (Seeing who's banned is okay but I
can't have autoblocked IP address collisions displayed to users.)

I just installed the Special:Renameuser extension and saw that it is
listed under Rights-restricted pages.  I inspected that and
Special:Blockip to see where they were declaring their rights and found
nothing; absolutely nothing.  I did find the check where they print an
error message and stop if you do not have the necessary rights, but
nothing to suggest that either one was adding itself to the variable
that apparently classifies pages requiring rights.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't understand Special:Specialpages.  I'm
sure it's a simple fix, and any help would be appreciated.

Hínandil