[Mediawiki-l] How to Temp. Disable Wiki.

Bass, Joshua L joshua.l.bass at lmco.com
Fri Sep 2 15:43:43 UTC 2005

For 1.5 mediawiki add this to your Localsettings.php. It will allow only
registered members to read and edit the wiki and prevent newcomers from
registering:

$wgGroupPermissions = array();

$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;

$wgGroupPermissions['user' ]['move']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['user' ]['read']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['user' ]['edit']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['user' ]['upload']          = true;