[Mediawiki-l] Help namespace contents, Language.php changes not taking effect

B. Magilavy bmagilavy at avalon-internet.com
Fri Sep 2 05:14:56 UTC 2005

Hello,

Topic 1: This seems like the sort of question that could be
immediately referred to documentation, FAQ's or letters in a forum,
but I have just spent several hours fruitlessly seeking a solution. I
hope someone might tell me how to import the Help files into my newly
installed version of Mediawiki.

The only thing I have been able to find on the meta site is a one-
line suggestion to dump what appears to be the whole database, but
even that--which surely is not the right answer--contained no
suggestion as to what to do with it.

There are a number of unanswered queries on the same question on the
Help talk pages, too.

Topic 2: Following the configuration instructions, I'm trying to make
some changes in the Language.php file, such as changing "portal" to "-
", but they have no effect. I have cleared the cache, too. Any
suggestions?

Thank you for your help on questions that surely must have been asked
already!

B. Magilavy

Avalon Internet
email: bmagilavy at avalon-internet.com