[Mediawiki-l] minor LDAP problems

Haan, Jan de Jan.de.Haan at Essent.nl
Sun Oct 30 19:00:38 UTC 2005

Hi All,

	after some more experimenting I finally got LdapAuthentication.php
working, although with some adjustments: I only could get wgLDAPWriterDN
to work with "cn=priviledged user,dc=example...", it didn't work with
"uid=priviledged user,dc=example..." as stated in the example at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LDAP#Summary_of_Extension Same for
wgLDAPWriterPassword: was not able to get it to work with "{SSHA}abcdef..."
or "{crypt}ghijkl..." only with "clearpassword".

	Are this known problems or could this be a problem with my LDAP?

Sincerely,

Jan.

environment :
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Sarge,
LdapAuthentication.php Version 1.0a / 07.10.2005,
MediaWiki: 1.5.0,
PHP: 4.3.10-16 (apache2handler),
MySQL: 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge1-log,
slapd 2.2.23-8

----

This message is confidential and may be privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action with reference to this information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message from all computers. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. The sender will not accept liability for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this message.