[Mediawiki-l] MySql Driver

Michael Jew MichaelJ at bargain.com
Fri Oct 28 20:00:19 UTC 2005

Hello,

  Perhaps you can assist me, I'm trying to do a test installation of
MediaWiki on my desktop.  I installed MediaWiki, then I installed
SQLServer, then I installed PHP5 all on my local machine.

  However, I received the following error message, when navigating to
the site and running the setup script:

Checking environment...

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library './mysql.so'
- The specified module could not be found. in
C:\wwwTest\mediawiki-1.5.1\install-utils.inc on line 17

Could not load MySQL driver! Please compile php --with-mysql or install
the mysql.so module.

I already saw you post here:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2005-May/005285.html,
but wasn't enough information to help solve my problem.  I'm using
Windows 2000.  When I installed PHP 5.0.5, I downloaded the "PHP 5.0.5
installer" and ran that executable.  Thus I did no compiling.  Should I
be?

--

Michael Jew

Bargain Network, Inc.