[Mediawiki-l] Category caching & "new messages" problems

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Fri Oct 28 17:36:19 UTC 2005

Are you using templates on that page? We had a similar problem with
TaxAlmanac, and it turned out to be a problem in our template code that
wasn't particularly "visible", but resulted in and Edit link to a page with
content. We had main article pages with a stub and a discussion page with
lots of text, but the discussion link from the main article was a red "edit"
link.

So it is, sort of a bug in MediaWiki, but the cause is a user error in the
template code.

- MHart