[Mediawiki-l] Export mediawiki articles to static HTML or anything

Sebastian Albrecht albrecht at fielax.de
Thu Oct 27 17:25:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

> wget -rvkEl2 -nc <URL>

That's what I did so far:

wget \
--convert-links \
--page-requisites \
--html-extension \
--recursive \
--level=2 \
--reject "*edit*,*history*,*Special*,*oldid*" \
http://url/wiki/

Or in a short form (comparable to yours):

wget -k -p -E -r -l 2 \
-R "*edit*,*history*,*Spezial*,*oldid*" http://url/wiki/

The -R will exclude many pages I don't want in my static html mirror
like edit, history and recentchanges pages.

So what I get using those scripts is a quite lite version which only
contains the index page, article pages and category pages.

The only problem is it does not look very nice, because only the
commonPrint.css is used. Wget does not get the .css from javascripts and
css-elements.

Best regards,
Sebastian