[Mediawiki-l] "Most stable" MediaWiki version?

Dallan Quass dallan at quass.org
Thu Oct 27 16:30:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

Rob Church wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Category links still not being regenerated
> Incidentally, Wikimedia web sites all run 1.6-cvs, which is
> pre-pre-pre-alpha. When the development team works for you,
> you can afford to live dangerously. :-)

I'm getting ready to launch a website based upon the MediaWiki software
(~200K articles), and I'm wondering what mediawiki version I should run the
website on.  We're currently using 1.6-cvs in development (we're making some
modifications to the software - which of course we'll make publically
available when we launch in case anyone else wants them).  I've been
thinking that we should revert back to 1.5.1 for the sake of stability.
After seeing the above message though, I'm no longer so sure.  Any thoughts?
Are regression tests run as part of checking code into CVS?  Or when a
release like 1.5.1 gets packaged up?

-dallan