[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade Errors

Ira Goldstein igoldste at gw.neric.org
Thu Oct 27 15:58:55 UTC 2005

I had the wiki's DBusername in the $wgDBadminuser field. (My UBD, sorry).  Made the change to the right user/password and while I did get the warning, everything migrated to 1.4.11 and then on to 1.5.1

Regarding php.  We're on php 4.3.4 (which seems to be the default php4 install under SUSE).  What version would you recommend that we use?

Thanks
--Ira

Ira Goldstein wrote:
> In preparation to move to 1.5.x, I'm upgrading our sites to 1.4.11
> from 1.4.7.  While running the php update.php script I get the
> following errors:
>
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /home/wiki2/mediawiki/maintenance/commandLine.inc on line 161

This may or may not be harmless. (Running on an old version of PHP?)

> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> /home/wiki2/mediawiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409

This indicates the connection to the database couldn't be opened (in
older versions there's a bug in the error display code that causes it to
fail in some configurations). Check AdminSettings.php for the proper
credentials.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)