[Mediawiki-l] skins and hidden css?

Michael Juarez mikejuarez at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:02:50 UTC 2005

I've been attempting to create a skin based off the monobook skin and have
defined my a.new links to be color #666666. After having the skin selected,
caches purged, etc... My a.new links still show up in red although visited
a.new links show up in #666666 strike-through as I defined. Obviously my CSS
code must have been working if the visisted a.new links showed up. I
investigate the situation a bit more and noticed in the source code, that
mediawiki imported a CSS file from the wiki itself (
http://www.otterwiki.org/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=css&maxage=18000).
I'm curious as to how I can modify this page/file, or to be able to disable
importing this CSS file from the pages -- it seems to conflict with the
concept of skins if this will always set a.new as red as opposed to whats
defined in the skin's CSS