[Mediawiki-l] Export mediawiki articles to static HTML or anything

Sebastian Albrecht albrecht at fielax.de
Thu Oct 27 08:04:28 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've spend quite a time searching for a possibility to export articles
from the mediawiki to a static HTML tree or sth. and I really wonder why
this does not seem to be possible at the moment.

I have installed a mediawiki for personal use and I would like to be
able to execute a script or program that puts the whole wiki down to a
directory in a human readable format so I can take it with me.
I definitely don't want to download Wikipedia and it would be ok to
enable this export option in a configuration file.

So is there any chance to get the articles to a static HTML tree
including files like .css and images? I mainly work with Linux, Windows
would be possible, too.

Best regards,
Sebastian