[Mediawiki-l] Question re restricting use only to registered users and only allowing invited people to register

Peter Evans email2pje at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 26 08:20:44 UTC 2005

We are setting up a MediaWiki site for use in a university course. At
the end of the course the products will be published for all to use but
while the course is running we want only course participants to use view
and edit the pages.

What is the easiest way to ensure that only registered people can view
and edit the pages?

How can I disable anyone creating a registration? I have seen some sites
that have a question that blocks registration if the correct answer is
not given.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Peter Evans

professional site: http://www.usq.edu.au/users/evansp/