[Mediawiki-l] image folder permissions

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:48:01 UTC 2005

PHP is not the same as permissions. The images directory needs to be
writeable by your web server process account. Most commercial service
providers offer some sort of control panel, which provides a wrapper
to CHMOD - look for "permissions" or somesuch. Alternatively, your FTP
client may contain a nice CHMOD GUI or you may just be able to issue
raw SITE commands - in which case, CHMOD is still accessible to you.

Rob Church