[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki 1.5 and LDAP Authentication

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Mon Oct 24 14:55:36 UTC 2005

> assume the only thing you had to do was cut/paste code into the
> localsettings.php file and change the values to point to your
> directory??? If so, can you provide the code you cut and pasted, to
> include the changes you made.

The issue was the SSL connection (ldaps). Open
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf (or locate ldap.conf) and instruct the
client to NOT request the certificate.

# Instruct client to NOT request a server's cert.
TLS_REQCERT never

You can also run Windows XP certificate manager and export your certificate
(base64) and copy it to /usr/local/openssl/certs and run c_rehash. But I
don't think this step is necessary - just config ldap to not request the
cert should do it.

(This was done by a co-worker, not me, so I don't know all the answers)

- MHart