[Mediawiki-l] Help: namespace tarball

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon Oct 24 03:15:43 UTC 2005

Brion Vibber:
> Randall Hopper wrote:
>
>> Is there a tarball somewhere of the Help namespace available here:
>>
>>      http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents
>>
>> Our local network gets pretty slow during the day, and I'd like to
>> pre-load
>> our Help: namespace with this tree.
>

> At this time we do not have a redistributable set of help pages with
> free, non-viral license terms.

Could you elaborate? The help pages have quality issues, but I wasn't
aware of any licensing issues. While they are GFDL, this should not be
an issue, as importing the help into a wiki would constitute "mere
aggregation" with other pages in the wiki, which does not invoke the
"viral" clause of the GFDL.

Erik