[Mediawiki-l] Problems with upgrade 1.3 -> 1.4 or 1.3 -> 1.5

Markus Klaus Schäffauer markus.klaus.schaeffauer at romanistik.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Oct 22 23:47:07 UTC 2005

Hello,

When upgrading from version mediawiki 1.3.7 to 1.4.11, I am loosing
pages (for example the main page is missing).

I studied the hints given in the following page:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Upgrade_from_1.3_to_1.4

But there is given no information about troubleshooting.

Even worse, if I try to upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.5, I have a lot of
trouble with the latin-1 coding. I tried to recode de database with
recode, but got errors.

Can anybody give hints how to get better results? I have no command
line, so I have to use the install wizard (via browser).

Thanks! Markus