[Mediawiki-l] Wiki vandalized

Cyril Pavillard cyril at macgeneration.com
Sat Oct 22 22:31:46 UTC 2005

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to request some support for this subject.

Our wiki (http://www.wikimac.fr) has been vandalized and even though
I found some informations on the mediawiki site, I can't really
figure out how to resolve quickly this problem and how to protect our
wiki to avoid such a problem again.

1) Is there any quick way to recover the pages that have been erase
without having to go on the history and recover the content article
after article ?

2) I guess to avoid this problem, the best way would be to move our
wiki to version 1.5, is that right and is there some extra things to
do on the default install to protect it ?

3) Is there a place where I can post (if this can help) the IP that
vandalized our wiki ?

Thank you for your precious help

Cyril