[Mediawiki-l] Problems with MySQL apparently

Maurice Joseph teamspike at spikesource.com
Wed Oct 19 19:05:35 UTC 2005

Evan;

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a MySQL 5 installation. Is MW compatible
with Mysql 5? I didn't see anything in the documentation about MySQL version
compatiblity. Can you install Mysql 4.x instead?

You can try performing the insert directly in the database. I extracted this
sql from my local install of MW 1.5rc4.

1. Login to mysql
- mysql -u username -p<password> <dbname>   e.g. mysql -u mjoseph
-psillyrabbit test

2. execute this command:
CREATE TABLE mw_page (
  page_id int(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  page_namespace int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  page_title varchar(255) binary NOT NULL default '',
  page_restrictions tinyblob NOT NULL,
  page_counter bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  page_is_redirect tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  page_is_new tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  page_random double unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  page_touched varchar(14) binary NOT NULL default '',
  page_latest int(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  page_len int(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (page_id),
  UNIQUE KEY name_title (page_namespace,page_title),
  KEY page_random (page_random),
  KEY page_len (page_len)
) TYPE=InnoDB;

3. execute this command:
INSERT INTO mw_page VALUES
(1,8,'1movedto2','sysop',0,0,0,0.239185610622,'20050709001117',937,14);