[Mediawiki-l] RE: Error When Logging in regarding the Use of Cookies

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at uconn.edu
Mon Oct 17 14:37:22 UTC 2005

> If you're using Mozilla/Firefox, download the Live HTTP Headers
> extension and check the headers used to set the cookie.

I tried this, but I don't see a message indicating a problem.

> If PHP is not reporting the hostname correctly (var_dump($_SERVER)
will
> tell you this),

This tells me the server is reporting wiki.lib.uconn.edu, which is
correct.

>you may need to set $wgServer, $wgServerName, and
> related variables manually (check DefaultSettings.php).

Here's my Localsettings for that entry:

$wgServer           = "http://wiki.lib.uconn.edu";

And the rest if it matters:

$wgSitename         = "UCONN Libraries Staff Wiki";
$wgServer           = "http://wiki.lib.uconn.edu";
$wgScriptPath       = "";
$wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
$wgRedirectScript   = "/wiki/redirect.php";

The site is here:

http://wiki.lib.uconn.edu/wiki/Main_Page

I am using a vhost for this site. The machine is actually
mammoth.lib.uconn.edu, but I've mapped wiki.lib.uconn.edu to
mammoth.lib.uconn.edu/wiki.

I've reverted it back to where you'll get an error message if you try to
login. Your help is appreciated on this.

-Tony

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Bug_reports#Login_cookie_problems