[Mediawiki-l] Re: External editor support.

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 16:26:41 UTC 2005

Jim Higson wrote:
> Thanks Jamie.
>
> Is that the whole story...? So, is it the role of the external editor to do
> the uploading etc when the editing is finished? This seems unlikely since
> very few editors will know how to do this. If so, how are editTokens etc
> handled?

It seems to be.

Check ee.pl. It's the only external editor implementation I know of, and
it actually works.

> You probably know what I'm thinking. Although I'll try URL encoding first,
> if external editors do all this they might be an elegant solution to my
> problems saving.

For the record, that's a reference to a private e-mail between Jim and I
when I mentioned pywikipediabot used application/x-www-form-urlencoded
(URL encoding of fields) in it's edit POSTs, while Wikiwyg.org used
multipart/form-data and is broken.

-- Jamie