[Mediawiki-l] 1.4.9 -> 1.5.0: external links as relative links ?

ralf-buero at kruedewagen.de ralf-buero at kruedewagen.de
Fri Oct 14 09:03:52 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with external links after updating from 1.4.9. to
1.5.0.

With 1.4.9 it was possible to use a relative link within external
mediawiki-links like

[http:../../mypage/ MyHTML Page]

Mediawiki 1.4.9 converts this to http://<FQDN>/mypage/ (mypage is a
directory in the webserver document root), and I was able to link to
non-mediawiki page on the same server without using a FQDN in the
mediawiki-link. This has the big advantage that the FQDN could change
and the mediawiki content does not need to be updated.

But with 1.5.0 this syntax does not work anymore. It seems that an
external link MUST now start with http:// . My old links like

[http:../../mypage/ MyHTML Page]

are not shown as links anymore but as is.

[http:../../mypage/ MyHTML Page]

Does anybody know how I could use an external link to a page on the
same server (aka relative link) without using an absolute
http://<FQDN> ?

Or is there a way to go back to the 1.4.9 feature by small changes in
the sources of 1.5.0.

Thanks in advance
Ralf