[Mediawiki-l] Source code for en.wikipedia.org?

Joshua Yeidel yeidel at wsu.edu
Wed Oct 12 20:24:49 UTC 2005

Some of the Wikipedia features that look like code customizations are
actually templates... which are also just pages in the wiki ("Template:"
namespace).  Look for the {{templatename}} syntax in the wikitext of
Wkipedia pages that use features you like.

To examine a template, type "Template:templatename" in the "GO" box, click
"GO",  _and click on the "Edit this page" tab_.  Don't be fooled by what is
displayed under the "template" tab;  always refer to the wikitext of the
template.  For many templates, the "discussion" tab is a very useful
resource.

Also see meta:  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Template

-- Joshua