[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki 1.5 and LDAP Authentication

Batti Lou lbatti at campbell-ewald.com
Wed Oct 12 15:17:06 UTC 2005

I have installed Mediawiki 1.5 and would like to authenticate to
OpenLDAP.

I have already looked at this link for details.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication

I have basically taken the LdapAuthentication.php file and dropped it
in the include directory of mediawiki.
I have taken the code provided (from the link above) and pasted it
into the localsettings.php

I have provided the parameters required in the localsettings.php
file. i.e. ldap server, blah, blah, blah...

I attempt to login with a username/password that is in LDAP only, not
on the local DB , and I get this error message.

"The password you entered is incorrect (or missing). Please try again."

Note: I'm using a clear text password.

Is there something l am missing?

Thanks.
Lou