[Mediawiki-l] differnce between NUMBEROFARTICLES and the number of articles

Karl-Otto Kirst post at karl-kirst.de
Sun Oct 9 19:07:42 UTC 2005

We had an attack of an hacker on ZUM-Wiki yesterday. And since today it
seems, that we now have over 250 pages more than yesterday.

On our startpage (www.zum.de/wiki) you find the {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}} in this
moment as "Zurzeit 1056 Artikel". But when I look for example the
"Spezial:Popularpages", only 808 articles are displayed. - Up to yesterday,
this difference didn't exist.

Is there any explanation for this?

Maybe the following code put into or damaged pages has to do with it?

	[[http ://WTHP1.coolhost.biz] [WTHPD1]]
	[http ://WTHP2.coolhost.biz  WTHPD2]
	[[http ://WTHP3.coolhost.biz | WTHPD3]]
	[http ://WTHP4.coolhost.biz | WTHPD4]
	[WTHPD5 | http ://WTHP5.coolhost.biz]
	[[http ://WTHP6.coolhost.biz WTHPD6]]

(The space between "http" and ":" was made by me.)

Best regards
Karl Kirst

post at karl-kirst.de

www.karl-kirst.de / www.schule-und-internet.de