[Mediawiki-l] upgrading problem to 1.5 (latin-1)

holzwd at t-online.de holzwd at t-online.de
Sun Oct 9 13:06:48 UTC 2005

I have this problem also. The page goes on the web with version 4.2.X and
german - latin1. Update to 4.3.X was ok, there was de-UTF-8 and de-latin1 to
klick inside installation. After the update to 1.5. the categories and pages
with ä,ö,ü in the titles are corrupt. And the backup from the old database
is corrupt...  Old pages and categories with öüä are listed with unknown
caracters, but by klick are not in the wiki. When I make new, the ordering is
not ok, the old are not to delete. In categorie also.

Whats to do? Make a new installation on ather place and insert the 2000 pages
new? This is a stupid work... for a long time ;-) And the histrory are
lost...

Thanks Dieter