[Mediawiki-l] Re: How to hach rebuildMessages.php

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 19:28:08 UTC 2005

Joao Baptista L de Moraes wrote:
> I need http access to rebuild messages since I can not do it
> at command line; I've no ideia how to hach the scritpt?
> Is there a ready coded scrpit rebuildMessages.php for that?
> TIA
> Joao B L Moraes

I had the same problem for a while (PHP crashed on CLI.) I came up with
a script that fakes CLI by defining STDOUT, STDIN, STDERR; clears a few
variables; converted some arguments; etc.

Make sure the file is protected, you delete it as soon as you finish,
and take all the usual upgrade precations. And above all, DO NOT REFRESH!!!

-- Jamie