[Mediawiki-l] upgrading problem to 1.5 (latin-1)

Simon Wagner wagner.sim88_mw at web.de
Sat Oct 8 17:32:44 UTC 2005

Hello,
iv've tried to upgrade from 1.4.9to the new stable release 1.5.0. Unfortunately my page was in latin-1. This seems to get a problem now.

I've tried to upgrade like described in UPGRADE:
1) run upgrade1_5.php
2) remove LocalSettings.php
3) install again with same settings

ok, seemed everything to run well, but when i open my page now, there are some unknown characters (IE couldn't even show the page, i had to set it to another charset [was UTF-8 had t set it to westeuropean (Windows)]).
Some pages even don't exist anymore (i think that comes from the diffrent charset cause all of these pages have something like äöü in their titles).

Now any suggestions? How can i convert my wiki to utf-8 ?

Thanks in advance

S.W.