[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading to 1.5 - just the same?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 01:56:08 UTC 2005

There are some very major changes to the database schema between the
1.4 and 1.5 branches of MediaWiki. As has been recommended, check the
upgrade notes, check any documentation lurking about on Meta
(http://meta.wikimedia.org) and if in doubt, come into the #mediawiki
channel (irc://irc.freenode.net/mediawiki) and ask.

As ever, back up both files and the entire MediaWiki database prior to
taking any action whatsoever. It is apparently very easy to mess up
this upgrade process, according to some reports.

Rob Church