[Mediawiki-l] MW1.5 How to activate the box with javscript diacriticals in Editting page as seen on the wikipedia

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:57:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

The (dutch) Wikipedia has a nice box with all the common diacriticals
that you can click on and the wiki will enter them into the edit box.
See for example:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/blalbalbalblapagenonsense?action=edit and
look and the bottom of the page. (Do not forget to cancel your edits).

I am trying to get that to work on the wiki of a customer of mine.

I know that it is included as seperate pieces of JavaScript on the
final edit page in the browser. What I am looking for is where to
tweak the MW code.

I can think of several ways that I can achieve this in my own wiki.
The most clear one being editing includes/EditPage.php directly. This
however means that my changes will be gone on a next mediawiki code
upgrade (like to 1.5 release version).

I can't follow the code well enough the determine a 'safe' spot on
where to include this tweak.

As far as I can determine from looking at the EditPage.php code there
is no special flag I can use to trigger this info. (I can't get to the
EditPage.php on the mediawiki to check what they've done).

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards