[Mediawiki-l] help: I'm under agressive attack: "wikitikitavi"?

Sterling D. Allan sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com
Wed Oct 5 02:48:52 UTC 2005

re: peswiki.com, a mediawiki-based site.

I am currently (past 2 hours) under a highly aggressive, computerized attack.  Indefinite number IPs so I can't block one by one.  Repeated submits robotically ~4x/minute on unprotected pages, mainly listed from the home page.

the code includes the string "wikitikitavi"

I don't know how to globally shut of the "edit" function for my site.

If one of you knows how to do this, could you contact me immediately by phone, preferably, or by email

Sterling Allan
801-407-1292
1-888-759-7057 x 705

sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com