[Mediawiki-l] Install: is putting www in front of URL

Coombes, Andrew andrew.coombes at hants.gov.uk
Mon Oct 3 09:48:11 UTC 2005

This looked too good to be true ...
I went into DefaultSettings.php and changed

/**
 * URL of the server
 * It will be automaticly build including https mode
 * @global string $wgServer
 */
$wgServer = '';

to $wgServer = 'http://cad.hants.gov.uk'; (and every combination could think of)

but this brought up the following error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cadhant/public_html/cadWiki/includes/DefaultSettings.php:1) in /home/cadhant/public_html/cadWiki/includes/OutputPage.php on line 393 (also the same message several times with line 326, 354, 355, 357 & 406)

I changed the file back, but this error message persists, and I now cannot access the wiki :o(

any thoughts, please?

Regards,

Andrew

MediaWiki: 1.4.10