[Mediawiki-l] SQL edits to pages not displayed in Wiki Article view but are displayed in Edit View

Anissa Mohler anissa.mohler at onstor.com
Wed Nov 30 19:06:23 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I'm running Media Wiki 1.4.12 and working on a project where I need to
automate edits to certain pages. I'm using SQL statements to do these
edits (see below for details). When I perform these edits in the
database they are not displayed when I view the article using a web
browser, in spite of the fact that they are in the cur database. If I go
to the "Edit" page I see my edits there and if I edit the Edit, they
will appear in the article view. I'm also able to see my edits in the
recentchanges list. The only place where they don't appear to appear is
in the Article view itself.

I've searched mediawiki and google and haven't found anyone attempting
similar. We are not using memcaching at this site and I've even added
$wgCachePages = false; to the local settings file with no change.

I need to be able to do this process automatically without requiring the
end user to click on Edit to see the edited page. Any and all help is
appreciated!

DETAILS:

Here's the set of sql statements I'm running:

#copy old article data into the "old" table:

insert into test_old (old_namespace, old_title, old_text, old_user,
old_user_text, old_timestamp, inverse_timestamp) select cur_namespace,
cur_title, cur_text, cur_user, cur_user_text, cur_timestamp,
inverse_timestamp from test_cur where cur_title = 'TestPage';

#get the old id to be inserted into the recentchanges table.
select max(old_id) from test_old as rc_last_old_id where old_title =
'TestPage';
(result is 942)

#get the current id to be inserted into the recentchanges table
select cur_id from test_cur where cur_title = 'TestPage';
(result is 980)

#perform the update on the cur table
update test_cur set
cur_text = '3 Modified page THIS WILL WORK REALLY.',
cur_user = '3',
cur_user_text = 'Autopop',
cur_timestamp = DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '%Y%m%d%H%i%s'),
cur_is_new = '0',
cur_touched = DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '%Y%m%d%H%i%s'),
inverse_timestamp = (99999999999999 - CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
where cur_title = 'TestPage';

#update recentchanges
insert into test_recentchanges (rc_timestamp, rc_cur_time, rc_user,
rc_user_text, rc_title, rc_cur_id, rc_last_oldid)
values (
DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '%Y%m%d%H%i%s'),
DATE_FORMAT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '%Y%m%d%H%i%s'),
'3',
'Autopop',
'TestPage',
'980',
'942'
);

#update searchindex
update test_searchindex set si_text = '3 Modified page THIS WILL WORK
REALLY.[[Category:Published]]' where si_page = 980;