[Mediawiki-l] external Menubar in monobook

Hans Hoogers - Scramble hans.hoogers at scramble.nl
Wed Nov 30 13:39:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

Just started setting up a new wiki on our website. But to get into sync
with the remainder of our site, I'd like to include a menubar on top of
every page.
This bar is in a seperate HTML file, which uses some javascripting for
some 'onmouseover' stuff (basic ImageReady output).

I've included this HTML file with an iframe in monobook.php like;

<TABLE border=0 ...>
 <TR>
  <TD>
   <iframe src="/scr_top.htm" align="left" WIDTH="100%" ..
name="scrtop"></iframe>
  </TD>
 </TR>
</TABLE>

And I even managed to re-position everything on the remainder of the page,
as well for IE as for Firefox using the CSS-files...

This menubar now works without problems in IE 6.0, but in FF (1.0.7)  you
only see this bar, no 'onmouseover' actions, no clicking to other sections
within the site.... nothing....

I've already been playing around like with or without <DIV> or the
<TABLE>, using an <include> instead of the <iframe>.

But I'm not really an PHP-expert, so I'm getting stuck here.

Anybody know how to solve this, or got a better solution how to include
this menubar within the monobook-skin?

TIA!

Regards,

Hans