[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki 1.5: so difficult?

Ben Arnold (DSLWN) BenA at datacom.co.nz
Wed Nov 30 04:05:39 UTC 2005

Sounds like a very good idea. To my mind there are three levels of
configuration:

1. Stuff you definitely want to change (like the site icon and anything
that shows up as a blank page or red link).

2. Stuff you probably want to consider changing because the default is
quite possibly inappropriate (like copyright statements).

3. Stuff that you -can- change, if you're finnicky, but that most sites
will be happy to leave as is (like most of the system messages).

Anyone who needs to convert the wiki into another language will probably
need to do consider all three.

Ben