[Mediawiki-l] Re: mediawiki 1.5: navigation is so difficult?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sun Nov 27 04:37:53 UTC 2005

> From: n.milletti at indire.it
>
> Dear friends, I don't not care about namespaces, categories, or
> other stuff.  I want only have, in the left box, a list of links,
> like:
> - poetry
> - history
> - etc.
> But strange as it might seem, this basic function is not intuitive
> at all...

Go edit MediaWiki:Sidebar

and put in it:

* navigation
** poetry page|poetry
** history|history
** other stuff|etc.

Search meta.wikipedia.org for "sidebar" for full instructions.

:::: "Are you all right?"
:::: "No, I'm 5/6ths right. My mother's maiden name is Wright, which
makes me half wright, and my middle name is Wright, which is 1/3rd
wright, for a total of 5/6ths."
:::: Jan Wright Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>