[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki 1.5: navigation is so difficult?

n.milletti at indire.it n.milletti at indire.it
Sun Nov 27 04:05:57 UTC 2005

Dear friends, I don't not care about namespaces, categories, or other stuff.  I want only have, in the left box, a list of links, like:
- poetry
- history
- etc.
But strange as it might seem, this basic function is not intuitive at all...

I have red that I had to change something in page "MediaWiki:Sidebar", but where is this page? No links even in the Special pages, so first I searched first for "LesWiki:Sidebar" given that the name of my wiki is LesWiki, but it was wrong...  Tried with "MediaWiki:Sidebar" and I could change the page, adding some items like "** poetry|poetry", but nothing changed, the new item did not appear in the  list of link

Can you please help me telling step by step what the hell I have to do, before I begin to cry?  Thank you very much...

=========
In my include/DefaultSetting.php:
$wgSitename         = 'LesWiki';
$wgUseDatabaseMessages = false; (otherwise I could not edit my language file)

In my LocalSetting.php:
$wgSitename         = "LesWiki";
$wgDefaultSkin = 'cologneblue';
$wgLanguageCode = "it";