[Mediawiki-l] Form Pointers Wanted

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Nov 26 20:20:52 UTC 2005

I'd like to make pages that accept form input, go off and query
MySQL, and display results. For example, voting on proposals,
maintaining a distributed book/video library, or time sheet logging.

It would be really cool to make this an extension, so it could be
configured and embedded in any page -- especially if it could still
function if the page is protected from editing. I suppose the
alternative is a Special page.

Having played with some extensions, I'm having trouble
conceptualizing how form-based interaction would work. What would the
form target page be? I suppose it could be the same page, branching
off the existence of GET or POST data to figure out if the form was
being sent or received.

I'm not asking anyone to solve the problem for me -- just post some
URLs of things that are similar to what I'm looking for. I once came
across a voting system, but have been unable to find it (or anything
similar) on Meta.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered!

:::: Express your individuality through brand-name conformity!
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>