[Mediawiki-l] I get the following problem when I try to install wiki

Va va.voong at freshminds.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 17:12:16 UTC 2005

I am trying to install wiki on Windows 2000 standard server using IIS version 5
and php version 4.3.11 and MySQL version 5, and get the following:

Checking environment...
PHP 4.3.11: ok
PHP server API is cgi-fcgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Turck MMCache not installed, can't use object caching functions
Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing disabled.
Installation directory: C:\mediawiki
Script URI path: /wiki
Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand(). Consider
changing it manually.
Connected as root (automatic)
Connected to database... 5.0.16-nt; enabling MySQL 4 enhancements
Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand(). Consider
changing it manually.
Database wikidb exists
There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates are
needed...
Granting user permissions...
...linkscc table already exists.
...hitcounter table already exists.
...querycache table already exists.
...objectcache table already exists.
...categorylinks table already exists.
...logging table already exists.
...user_rights table already exists.
...have ipb_id field in ipblocks table.
...have ipb_expiry field in ipblocks table.
...have rc_type field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_ip field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_id field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_patrolled field in recentchanges table.
...have user_real_name field in user table.
...have user_token field in user table.
...have ur_user field in user_rights table.
...have log_params field in logging table.
...have ss_total_pages field in site_stats table.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
Converting links table to ID-ID...
Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical difficulties, and cannot contact
the database server.

I've tried to re-set the password in MySQL to the old 16-bit as suggested by
various website, but it is still proving difficult to resolve. I've also looked
at this website and another person has had a similar problem, but no solution
has been posted.

Please help!

Va