[Mediawiki-l] RE: MediaWiki on Godaddy.com servers

Benjamin J. Bruce benjaminjbruce at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 18:05:34 UTC 2005

   OK, I got all my files uploaded, but now when I try to install it,
it gives me this:

===========================

Checking environment...

    * PHP 4.3.11: ok
    * Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki
will work correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to
potential security vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on
your server. You should disable it if you are able.
    * PHP server API is cgi-fcgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use
object caching functions
    * GNU diff3 not found.
    * Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in.
    * Installation directory: /home/content/B/e/n/Benjames/html/hellooklahoma
    * Script URI path: /hellooklahoma
    * PHP is linked with old MySQL client libraries. If you are using
a MySQL 4.1 server and have problems connecting to the database, see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html for help.
    * Trying to connect to MySQL on localhost as root...
          o MySQL error 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)