[Mediawiki-l] Re: always in preview mode?

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 00:27:12 UTC 2005

Martin Baumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed another problem:
>
> Even though I am logged in as sysop I cannot change any page of my wiki.
> When I try to save a change I get the message:
> 'Remember that this is only a preview, and has not yet been saved!'.
>
> Any idea what that could mean?
>
> I am not aware of having changed any user- or security options or any other
> that could affect this behaviour.
>
> ???
>
> Thanks, Martin

If this only occurs with logged-in users, then it is a session issue of
some sort.

* Check that sessions are configured correctly (if need be, they can be
changed in LocalSettings.php before the initialization of the session)
* Check that cookies are configured correctly (if you remain logged in
no matter the amount of browsing you do on the site, they probably are)

Look up ini_get() and ini_set() in the PHP documentation. If this is a
server farm (several seperate web servers), make sure that the sessions
are stored in a directory accessable by all servers (ie, a share).

-- Jamie