[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki on Godaddy.com servers

Benjamin J. Bruce benjaminjbruce at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:33:04 UTC 2005

    Has anyone ever installed MediaWiki on a GoDaddy.com Linux server?
 I am trying to do that, but I'm running into trouble.

    I followed the instructions at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Installation , and when I came to
"Change permissions on 'config' folder", I found that GoDaddy only
lets you set permissions to a maximum of 755.  So I checked the
"config" folder, and it was already at 755.  So, I went to the install
page for my new wiki (at
http://www.benjaminbruce.us/hellooklahoma/config/index.php ), and it
gives me the following error:

Warning: main(maintenance/updaters.inc): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in
/home/content/B/e/n/Benjames/html/hellooklahoma/config/index.php on
line 167

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'maintenance/updaters.inc'

    Is there something I'm doing wrong?  This is the first time I've
ever tried setting up a wiki, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.  By the way, it's the newest version of MediaWiki, 1.5.2.

    Thanks!

-Benjamin