[Mediawiki-l] backup problem

judi chen judi_chen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 01:13:32 UTC 2005

I have serious backup and restore problem.

I am testing the backup and restore on two servers,
both having mediawiki 1.5.2 installed.
I followed the steps on meta wiki

Can someone help me out and give me a real solution
thanks
jc

judi chen wrote:
> Thanks for taking time to look into my backup
problem.

> But I still have serious problem with backup and
> restore.
>
> My wiki is customized with modification of the
> Special:Allmessages and two new namespaces.
>
> I did the backup and restore as described earlier
and
> I copied the LocalSettings.php over.  But most of my
> defined templates have no content in it after the
> resrore.  Some articles have no content either.
>
> Any suggestions
> jc

Are the two versions identical? Is the database
structure the same? Can
you use XML instead of SQL?

-- Jamie