[Mediawiki-l] Wiki install on Mandriva 9.2

Chris Hettinger cjh at raccoon.com
Wed Nov 23 15:24:19 UTC 2005

Hello

New to the list.

My question is regarding installation of MediaWiki on Mandriva Linux 9.2

When running the config / setup script I reach the follow message and stop:

"PHP's XML module is missing; the wiki requires functions in this module
and won't work in this configuration. If you're running Mandrake,
install the php-xml package."

I do not have administrative access to the box. I had the admin install
the php-xml package however it didn't change the outcome.

I'm looking for any additional help other can provide me.

Thanks in advance.
-ch