[Mediawiki-l] backup and restore problem

judi chen judi_chen at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 03:41:07 UTC 2005

Thanks for taking time to look into my backup problem.

But I still have serious problem with backup and
restore.

My wiki is customized with modification of the
Special:Allmessages and two new namespaces.

I did the backup and restore as described earlier and
I copied the LocalSettings.php over.  But most of my
defined templates have no content in it after the
resrore.  Some articles have no content either.

Any suggestions
jc

judi chen wrote:
> 5. Install MediaWiki as usual, but change the
> database's name from the default 'wikidb' to
> 'chpwikidb' MediaWiki will detect there is a
> pre-existing database and try to upgrade it when
> necessary.
>
> Also, the language setting MUST be the same as the
> original one!!
>

> But Finally, the new mediawiki I restored on server
> does not have all the info of the mediawiki on
Server

> Would you pls kindly let me know what I did wrong.

First, you didn't say what was wrong. "does not have
all the info"
doesn't tell us anything specific.

Second, you didn't say if you have any customizations
or custom
configurations. These may very likely make a
difference.

Copy your old LocalSettings.php and fix up the paths
to be correct.
Check for differences between the prior and the new
one.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)